- TANBead Operation
TANBead’s automated extraction instruments use magnetic rods to collect and transfer magnetic beads and rotating spin tips to efficiently mix the suspension. Extended magnetic rods collect the magnetic beads, and purified nucleic acids can be obtained after cell lysis, nucleic acids absorption, wash and elution.
TANBead MAELSTROM 4810 Nucleic Acid Extractor
The TANBead Maelstrom 4810 is a small-footprint automated nucleic acid platform for medium throughput applications.
Specialized spin tips enable efficient mixing of magnetic beads with a larger processing volume. With an intuitive user interface and flexible programming, Maelstrom can boost lab productivity by transforming routine operations into a walk-away solution.
The patented Whirl-spin mixing technology allows for:
- More efficient mixing
- Reduced contamination risk as a result of no splashing of microdroplets
- Higher sample volume processing
Why you’ll love the MAELSTROM 4810:
- Fully Automated
- Simultaneous processing and purification of DNA/RNA samples
- Automation of complicated manual steps
- Independent temperature control modules ensure the stability of purification performance
- Patented Whirl Spin Mixing Technology
- Compared to conventional up and down binding techniques, the rotary mixing technology can increase the processing volume by 60% 1600µl
- Spin tips stir magnetic beads at speeds up to 3000 rpm
- Effective prevention of aerosol cross-contamination. Unlike other techniques, the mixing technology uses a rotary apparatus to control the speed and avoid liquid splashing during extraction.
- Easy Operation
- Intuitive user interface and easy-to-navigate menu
- Parameters can be fine-tuned based on experimental requirements
- Easy installation and maintenance. No need for tools – simply power on the instrument, and it is ready to use.
- All extraction programs are pre-loaded. Simply select the program required, follow the simple guide for the appropriate reagent, and the unit is ready to go.
- Medium-throughput: 48 samples can be processed simultaneously
- High stirring efficiency with variable speeds for considerable time savings. The rotary mixing technology reduces the extraction time by shortening the time for lysis and increasing the chance of the magnetic beads contacting and absorbing nucleic acid.
- Open System Design
- Other reagent kits that also use magnetic beads to absorb nucleic acid can be used on the Maelstrom 4810 (by simply editing a program through the touch panel to run alternative kits).
For a full list of available reagent kits suitable for the Maelstrom 4810, please click here.
|Run Time||15~60 min|
|Samples per Run||Max 48 samples|
|Weight (NW)||Approx 45 kg|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||58x43x57 cm|
|Power Supply||AC 100-AC 240 V|
|Processing Volume||50µl -1600µl|
|Magnetic Rod||>3,900 gauss|
|Spin Speed||Up to 3,000 rpm|
|Heating Block||12 independent heating blocks|
|UV Lamp||UV-C type, 8 W|
|Display||7” touch screen|