Made for high productivity labs, the MGISTP-7000 integrates tube decapping, recapping, bar code identification, automated liquid transfer, and negative pressure protection, all under a BSL2 enclosed environment.
With zero human contact necessary, the system operates at 10,000 samples per daily throughput—transferring 192 samples from airtight sample or plain tubes to 96-well microplates in 40 minutes with a single click. All steps are integrated into a closed and negative-pressure system to enable flexibility, efficiency, safety, and process quality.
How it works:
- Load original sample with cap.
Airtight sample tubes are loaded into a standard rack, reducing exposure to samples.
- Automatically scan the code and open the cap.
The Epson robot arm, four recap and decap modules, four bar code scanners, and two channel-independent pipette heads transfer the samples from collection tubes to the 96-well microplates. Bar code information can be automatically stored and transferred to a ZLIMS system, providing information traceability.
- Sub-pack into 96-well microplate.
Leveraging two pipetting channels—freely configurable for volume range and use with disposable tips—samples can be transferred into ANSI/SBS 96-well microplates rapidly without manual pipetting errors. The ANSI/SBS format sample supports a wide variety of automation laboratory equipment.
- Close caps and recycle tubes automatically.
After liquid transfer, sample tubes are recapped and put back to their original location to minimize sample exposure and prevent cross-contamination. The system provides HEPA filtration and UV light to ensure a safer operating environment.
Imagine everything that can be achieved with this enhanced productivity and efficiency.
Why you’ll love the easy-to-use MGISTP-7000 system and software platform:
- User-friendly, effortless setup and quick operation.
- Finishes tedious sample pre-analytical steps with a single click.
- Flexible automation upgrade solution connects with a ZLIMS system, helping medical technologists integrate various third-party instruments, such as RT-PCR systems and nucleic acid extraction systems.
- Reduces disposable costs by same-cap decapping and recapping with the multi-finger set, allowing for multiple types of tubes and caps.
- Eliminates the need to align bar codes facing in any direction, and swabs in tubes do not need to be removed.
- Supply/exhaust air filter provides ISO5, 99.995% at 0.3µm, to create a particle-free environment ideal for most microbiological applications. Filters and exhausts potentially contaminated air to the building’s exterior, providing a safer lab environment for liquid transfer and medical technologists.
- Samples in the plate can be directly used for subsequent automatic nucleic acid extraction using MGISP-960 automatic nucleic acid extraction equipment made by MGI, which further speeds the downstream detection and improves accuracy, efficiency, and throughput for large-scale detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus using RT-PCR tests.
|Throughput||192 samples/40 minutes; one sample in 15 seconds|
|Pipetting Method||Based on the principle of air displacement, liquid level detection|
|Volume Range||10 μL-1000 Μl|
|Accuracy||10uL: <5%; 100uL: <2%; 1000uL<1%|
|CV||10uL: <±10%; 100uL: <±5%; 1000uL: <±2%|
|Robot Arm Accuracy||X-Y-Z: ±0.1mm|
|Barcode Scanner||Four 1D Scanner Sensors|
|Supply/Exhaust Air Filter||ISO5, HEPA 99.995% at 0.3m, Negative Pressure System|
|Tube Compatibility||Universal fit. Excellent fit on 5mL and 10mL transport tube with screw cap|
|Functions||Integrated multiple functions include decapping, recapping, barcode identification, automated liquid transfer, HEPA-filtration, and negative pressure protection|
Power, Dimensions & Net Weight
|Power Type||100~240V, 50/60Hz|
|Dimensions||Length:1470mm; width 960mm; height: 2100mm|
|Net Weight||550 kg|
Operating Environment Requirements
|Relative Humidity||20%RH~80%RH, non-condensing|